Friday 10 February 2012

The Jews and their Deceits

I was given an article about Jews by my lecturer. It's an excerpt from a book by Adolf Hitler, titled Mein Kampf (My struggle or My battle). My first thought was, Jews? This should be easy, all the inputs I've been receiving all these while telling me that, they are bad for your health, so to say. Until someone (no name will be mentioned tho.. haha) knocked me oh my head and say "Stop generalizing. Not all Jews are bad (is it?) and not all Christians or Muslims are holy too. Do you know that, for thousands of years, Arabs and Jews used to live in peace?" Err, okay, so what makes the Fuhrer hates Jews so much?


After reading it countless of times, hopping from one website to another. Trying to grasp the events that happened hundreds of years ago, 520 years ago, to be precise and forcing myself to kick out all the negative things that been taught and written about Jews. Without doing that, I can say, it will be easy for me to just put myself into the Fuhrer shoes and nods my head, agreeing to what is written in the excerpt or book as whole. Now, that wouldn't be right, right? And that someone might come and give me another knock on my head.


The excerpt started with an event that took place in 1492, the year Christopher Columbus set to sail out and discover the world. Heck, that was a very, very, very long time ago. An unlucky bunch of people, Muslims and Jews alike, being kicked out from their homes or killed. Some of the Jews were forced to accept Christianity just so that they can continue living while still retaining and practicing their beliefs and religion secretively.


If we put aside our already implanted hatred and see it from a natural point of view, isn't that what we know today as survival skill? Instead of sulking at any corner of the world after being expelled and became a forgotten race. They took the opportunity given and manipulated the leniency shown to their advantage.


Heck, who wouldn't? Being the race in the history of mankind with the highest rate of being expelled from countries where they reside. Averaging of nearly one expulsion in every twenty-one years from between the years 250 CE and 1948 CE. From the First Crusade in 1096, up til now, Antisemitism is still around. They got to do what they got to do in order to not to let history repeats itself.


By gaining wealth and power, they have the bargaining tools to ensure it won't happened, ever again. Human being has always been attracted to power, not only Jews but Muslims, Christians and others alike. But unlike others, Jews managed to came up with a plan that is still relevant until today. Have to give them credits for that.


So, why is it so wrong to others? Jealousy? of what? Historians had six explanations to why others hate Jews.


  • Economics: 
    • Kinda reminds me of George Soros, rich and powerful but history shows that most of them are not rich during the above mentioned period.
  • Chosen people: 
    • They used to claim or maybe still claiming they are, so are Muslims, Christians and other religions. Why only Jews are hated?
  • Scapegoat:
    • The scapegoat Theory does not then cause anti-semitism. Rather. anti-semitism is what makes the Jews a convenient scapegoat target.
  • Deicide:
    • They are accused of killing Jesus then vindicated by the second Vatican Council in 1963.
  • Outsiders:
    • When they live their life in isolation, people around them became suspicious. When they try to live within the society, people rejected them.
  • Racial theory:
    • Contradictory issues regarding this, while America recognized Jews as a race. Some scholars mentioned that Jews is not a race as anyone can be a Jew regardless of their previous background.
There are a lot of reports and papers written about this issue, googling around will gives you a lot of info. But for the time being, I would say, all these while, Jews been doing what they think is best for their survival. Unless of course, I found something else if I ever cracked my head by reading and understanding The Talmud, The Bible and the other holy books out there. 


But, the question remains, why were they expelled in the first place? Is it because they managed to do what others can't? Or maybe is it because of whats being said in holy books? Hmm... that would require me to dig deeper into their history. Intriguing....


Or maybe I should start just by simply listening to the song titled River Of Babylon. Care to join me? ;)




Edit:
Suddenly remember a song mentioned by Mr. Mark... Dedicated to you sir!!